Matt is a data science lover who also happens to be one of the most experienced Sejuani players in the world. We first met at an anime conference in Detroit, where he was competing in a League of Legends tournament. He has been involved in some cool projects, such as a fighting game and his most recent work, Tryharder.gg - an AI driven self improvement tool for League of Legends players. He offers some fascinating insight into the data driven side of the industry and gives us some tips for getting started with projects of your own.
Some of the topics we cover:
- Playing Dr. Mario with his family growing up.
- Moving closer to a time when parents will force children to practice solo queue daily, as they once did with their homework. (Its apparently already arrived).
- Helping people and creating value.
- Utilizing Artificial Intelligence and data science in esports to create Tryharder.gg
- How to prepare for job interviews.
You can listen here on the website or also on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, and most other podcasting hubs.
You can reach Matt on Twitter and Twitch. Feel free to inquire further about any of the topics we discussed during our conversation. And if you are a League of Legends player and interested in checking out his latest project, you can find Tryharder here.
And please let me know what you think about this episode and any topics you'd like me to cover in the future! You can find me on Twitter at @workinesports or @notspencer across all social media. Thanks for listening!